Chia seed porridge is a perfect start of the day and will give you a lot of energy!
Chia seeds: 8 x more omega 3 than salmon + complete source of protein
Hemp seeds: even more powerful than chia seeds 2 tsp = 10g protein
Fortified plant based milk: the brand Alpro for example has vitamins E, B2, B12, D & calcium
You can even get more vitamins & minerals if you add fruit, nuts & seeds.
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 40g chia seeds
- 250ml favorite plant based milk: coconut milk, vanilla soy milk, almond milk,..
- Your favorite fruit: bananas, berries,..
- Hemp seeds
- Omega 3 seed mix: pumpkin, sunflower, sesame & linseeds
- Peanut butter
- Syrup: agave, date or maple syrup
- Nuts: almonds, cashews,..
- Bring the milk to the boil in a pan
- Put the chia seeds in a bowl
- Once the milk is boiling turn of the heat and add the milk to the chia seeds
- Stir with a spoon and let the seeds soak for a little bit
- Once it starts looking like a porridge, add all your desired toppings and mix it together
Smakelijk! Bon appétit! Enjoy your breakfast!