Easy & healthy lunch!
Sweet potato: vit. A, B6, C, E + manganese, biotin, magnesium, potassium, fiber
Kale: vit. A, C, K + fiber, iron, calcium, manganese, copper, tryptophan
Fact 1: sweet potato prevents heart disease, cancer & is anti-inflammatory
Fact 2: kale offers more calcium than milk!
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 handful black kale or curly kale
- 1 minced garlic clove
- olive oil
- pink himalayan salt
- black pepper
- mixed herbs: rosemary, thyme, oregano,..
- Get a baking tray with a baking sheet ready and preheat the oven at 200°c.
- Take a medium pan pot ready and start boiling the water.
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes in 2 cm pieces, you don’t have to peel them.
- Once the water is boiling, boil the sweet potatoes for +/- 5 minutes, make sure they don’t go too soft because they will also cook in the oven.
- When the potatoes are ready, rince in cold water and drain.
- Put the potatoes in de baking tray and mix with olive oil, salt, mixed herbs and garlic, put them in the oven for +/- 15 minutes.
- Wash and cut the kale into 4-5cm pieces, put them in a bowl and mix with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes cooked for 15 minutes, turn them over and cook for another 15 minutes, but change the oven to grill.
- After 10 minutes put the kale in the oven. Watch the kale closely because it burns very fast!
- When the kale is crispy and the potatoes golden brown, lunch is ready!
Smakelijk! Bon appétit! Enjoy your meal!