Spinach: vit. A, B’s, C, K + manganese, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, folate
Tip : put a handful of spinach in your smoothie every morning, to make your breakfast exta healthy !
Fact: spinach is anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer
Ingredients (2 servings):
- olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 big parsnips
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 250g quinoa
- 500ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- ½ bunch fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 pack pomegranate seeds or 1 fresh pomegranate
- optional topping: pistachios, cashews or mixed seeds
- Preheat your oven to 200°c and get a baking tray with a baking sheet ready.
- Cut the top and bottom off the parsnips (no need to peel them), cut in half lengthways and cut in half again. Put them on the baking sheet and drizzle with some olive oil, then sprinkle over the curry powder and salt and mix together with your hands. Make sure the parsnips get a good coating of oil and curry powder. Roast in the oven on the top shelf for 25 minutes.
- If you bought a fresh pomegranate seed, you have to get the seeds out. Take a small bowl, cut the parsnips in half and with the back of your knife, hit the outside of the pomegranate and the seeds will fall out into the bowl.
- Take a frying pan and add some olive oil on medium heat, add the onion and cook until soft.
- Then add the quinoa, cumin, garlic and give it a good stir. Cook for 1 minute and add the water, when the water is boiling add the stock cube.
- Stir together and turn the heat low, put a lid on the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes turn the heating of and add salt, pepper, parsley, spinach and give it a good stir. Put the lid back on and leave for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the quinoa veggie mix with the curried parsnips on top, some pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
Smakelijk! Bon appétit! Enjoy your meal!