Chia seeds: protein (2tbsp = 4g), fiber, omega 3 & 6, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphor, manganese
Fact 1: chia seeds have 8x more omega 3 than salmon and it’s a complete source of protein
Cinnamon: vit. B’s + calcium, iron, manganese, fiber
Fact 2: cinnamon lowers blood glucose levels, lowers cholesterol, is anti-inflammatory, improves brain funtion and memory
Ingredients (2-3 servings):
- 200g flour – optional gluten-free (I used rice flour)
- 400ml plant based milk (almond, soya, coconut, rice ,vanilla,..)
- 30g chia seeds
- Coconut oil (or another oil for frying)
- Optional: 1tbsp turmeric
- Optional: 1tbsp cinnamon
- Your favorite syrup: maple, agave, date or blueberry syrup
- Put the flower in a mixing bowl, add the milk and mix until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds, turmeric, cinnamon and give it a good stir.
- Put this mixture in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- When the mixture is too thick, add some more milk (I personally like thicker pancakes).
- Add the oil in a frying pan and put on high heat, I use a soup spoon to put the right amount of dough in the pan and turn around when the sides go golden brown.
- Serve and don’t forget to add some syrup and cinnamon on top!