Ingredients soup (5 servings):
- olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 big white potatoes (peeled and in 2cm pieces)
- 3 leeks (chopped)
- 700ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp oregano
- pink himalayan salt
- black pepper
Ingredients garlic bread (6 pieces):
- 10-12 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 6 bread slices (optional gluten-free)
- 6 slices vegan cheese
- Put some olive oil in a medium cooking pot, add onion, garlic and cook until soft +/-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and leek, give it a good stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Now add the water, once boiling add the vegetable stock and cook until the veggies are soft. +/- 10-15 minutes. Add salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.
- In the meantime start making the garlic bread (recipe below).
- When the veggies are soft, blend until you have a smooth and creamy soup. Add more spices if desired.
- If the soup is too thick, add more water.
Preparation garlic bread:
- Take a small bowl and mix the olive oil together with the garlic and mixed herbs.
- Spread the olive oil mixture on the bread slices. Put a slice of cheese in between 2 slices of bread and make 3 sandwiches
- Then slice the 3 sandwiches in half diagonally to form triangles and put more olive oil mixture on top of the bread. Do this for all the bread slices, so you will have 6 garlic breads at the end.
- Sprinkle some oregano on top of the garlic bread and put in the oven for +/- 5-10 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
Smakelijk! Bon appétit! Enjoy your meal!