Ingredients (2-3 servings):
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 4 portobello mushrooms (in thin slices)
- 1 corn cob (remove corn kennels from cob)
- 1 bag mixed lettuce/spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cucumber (in 1cm cubes)
- 3 pears (in 1cm cubes)
- handful crushed walnuts/seed mix
- 4 tbsp rice bran oil (or another vegetable oil)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pink salt
- black pepper
- mixed herbs
- Put 2 tbsp rice bran oil in a frying pan (the pan has to be big enough to fit all the mushroom slices) on medium heat, add 3/4 of the onion and add the garlic, stir and cook for 3 minutes. Add the portobello mushrooms, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and mixed herbs and give it a good stir. Cook until the mushrooms have a nice brown color, for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, get a big bowl ready to make your salad.
- Add the mixed lettuce/spinach, the rest of the onion, corn kennels, cucumber, pears, 2 tbsp rice bran oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Give it a good mix, add the crushed walnuts/seed mix and it’s ready to serve.
- Put the salad on your plate first and put the portobello mushrooms on top, enjoy your meal!